Tuesday 11 December 2018

Review: The Pianist

El pianista del gueto de Varsovia El pianista del gueto de Varsovia by Władysław Szpilman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Totally recommendable in order to learn more about the awful experiences lived by the Warsaw inhabitants and by all those, especially Jews, who lived during the Second World War. The narrative of this pianist, who against all odds survived the Holocaust horrors, has been one of the first non-fiction stories that I have devoured. Despite his bitter words, I couldn't stop reading. Once more, stories like this one teach us that hate leads nowhere because, in the end, the thing I will remember the most about this book isn't going to be the atrocities lived by its protagonist, but all those people who, even against their own culture, helped those human beings to survive in a time stained by hate and fear.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment