Tuesday 11 December 2018

Review: City of Heavenly Fire

City of Heavenly Fire City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

And the end came. It seems like only yesterday I started reading City of Bones. I still had nine books ahead to read, for which I was delighted because I thought "finally a book series which I'm not going to end in a couple of months". Wrong, wrong, so wrong was I. I started reading The Mortal Instruments and I hooked in. I was so hooked that I had to leave it in order to read The Infernal Devices to follow the correct order and be able to continue this amazing story. A few months have these books lasted. Very few.

All, absolutely ALL the books from this series are marvellous and there isn't any of them which leaves the reader indifferent. Clare knows how to keep us hooked with the thread, the main and the secondary characters. It is true that I expected more drama in this last book but personally, I think that the end has been very good and it has met my expectations. The end, that links The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, leaves the door open to The Dark Artifices and it is just further evidence that makes me reaffirm and state that Cassandra Clare is one of my favourite authors and that her stories have captivated me and will stay with me forever.



View all my reviews

1 comment: